If you are looking for the opportunity to improve the quality of dive training, or to make life easier as a dive centre owner, or, most importantly, to increase your profitability safely, then RAID offers all of this and more.
RAID was formed in 2006, and in those days focused entirely on technical diving. From day one, we offered full online training, with students learning in their own home and being assessed automatically by our specially developed software. Ten years of working with eTraining has given us the experience to refine the process into an extremely sophisticated and effective programme.
Since the beginning of last year and under new ownership, RAID has expanded into all categories of diver certification, using the same tried and tested structure of online operation. Of course, other agencies are slowly beginning to realise that this way of working is the future and gradually trying to move their methods towards the same online goal. It is a competitive business, and we are glad we have those ten years of experience to put us ahead of the game.
In 2014, we were overwhelmed by the response, with a significant number of instructors and dive centres joining RAID.
Our regional office for the UK and Malta is now fully operational and we have an ambitious marketing plan for the coming year, including promotion through events, shows and our website www.LearnToScuba.com.
How RAID works for students
Once students have affiliated with a dive centre, they can log on to the RAID website, read the course material, go through the Q&A process and receive evaluation – all online, in their own time. The dive centre can monitor their progress, offer help and advice if necessary, and eventually make arrangements for in-water training once the theoretical part of the course is completed.
Benefits for students
- Learn at your own pace; when it suits you, where it suits you
- No peer pressure from faster pupils or delay caused by slower learners
- Clear and simple information available on any device connected to the internet
- Immediate assessment of Q&A submissions
- Hard copy printing available for people who prefer reading that way
It’s not willing to accept the diving industry as it is. It challenges some of the aspects currently being taught by many of the different agencies.
Benefits for dive centres
- Eliminates the need for in-store academic training without reducing your fees
- Frees up classroom space for more profitable activities
- Saves hours of paperwork
- No need to buy physical stock, saving costs, storage and the possibility of incorrect deliveries
- New course material immediately available online – no outdated stock
- Significant savings on the cost of certification
- RAID’s unparalleled marketing plans will drive new customers to your door
What dive centres should do next
The RAID Director team
RAID UK is headed by James Rogers, who has been diving for 27 years. He worked at PADI for almost 20 years in various roles, including Director of Sales & Field Services and Director of UK Business. Garry Dallas also a Director of RAID UK and Malta and an IT, brings a massive technical, cave and recreational diving skill-set and experience, along with an imposing and globally recognisable hair style to the team!